Roy Rogers died at the age of 52 in Fitzgerald Mercy Hospital after being exposed to ammonia fumes at a fire at the Collingdale Inn on the 900 block of MacDade Blvd. He developed respiratory problems that ultimately contributed to his death. Roy was employed as a carpenter with the American Viscose Corporation and was also a former trustee of the fire company. Roy Rogers lived at 617 Clifton Ave. in Collingdale for 20 years. Roy was survived by his wife Julia, one son, Roy Jr., and two daughters, Carol and Betty Jane.